Well, I have made a start on the shed, getting all the 'stand up to do' bits out of the way. I did a dry run to make sure that everything went together ok and hubby found some nice thin wood strips for me to use as the shiplap cladding on the shed exterior.
Once that was sorted, I nagged for a nice base which hubby routed to give me a nice bevelled edge. Then out came the tin of super dark wood dye! It's darker in RL!
The wood dye is 'Coloron Indian Rose Wood' and I applied it to the unsealed MDF with a 'fat headed' artists brush. I didn't seal the MDF so that the wood dye would soak in really well and give me a darker, older finish.
I've started to dirty the windows too and I have a couple of old rusty buckets, one has a little mouse nest in it at the moment ;0)
I know exactly how I want the shed, but I can't decide whether to have a vine or part of a tree growing over the shed, I think I will just make a start and see where the materials take me.
But first, I will nagging hubby to make the shelves and potting table for the inside and I have to age and fix the shiplap cladding to the outside.
So there's my little start on my 'halloween shed.' It's not very halloweeny yet, but it will be when it's finished!
Not long now till my 'little hospital visit', so I don't know how much I will be around over the next couple of weeks or so, I may be incrediably bored and manage to be here every day, driving you all nuts or I may just be curled up on the sofa with the TV remote. If I'm not around, I will take pics of the shed as I go along and do a very long post of how I did it, when I'm feeling better.
See you all soon,