Thursday 29 August 2013

An updated blog page and news



I have updated our Blog template today, something I admit to hate doing. It takes too long and I end up fussing endlessly over backgrounds and header photos. But this blog has had the same look for a few years now and as the original Bear Cabin Miniatures has evolved greatly this year, then I felt the blog should do the same. A change is as good as a rest, they say and I felt it needed a change. Mind you, I have saved the original template, so it may end up reverting back one day! :)
 
 
Talking about evolving, our little shop is Swansea is growing by the day and we have many loyal customers to thank for that. The response to the shop has been amazing and was obviously a much needed outlet for Swansea and the surrounding areas. We have many customers who travel from far and wide just to see us and we can't express enough how grateful and encouraged we both feel about this. You are amazing and your tales of your projects and the delight you get from our help with your special themes is wonderful and keeps Hywel hand making his miniatures well into the wee hours for you all to enjoy. As for me... well I have written a little piece about the trials and tribulations of setting up our Dolls House Shop and you can read all about it in the current edition of the
Artisans In Miniatures IMag on pages 66 - 69 
 
 
 
 
As a thank you to our customers who are quickly becoming friends, Hywel has now set up our very own Bear Cabin Miniatures Dolls House Club. The first meeting was a huge success and we are now looking forward to the next meeting.
 
Julia xxx
 


This is post copyright to the author. It may not be re posted, reprinted or distributed without express written permission of the author.

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping you could post some pics of yr witches and the alike?
    I have just recently seen yr shop on swansea market and yr fantasy pieces look amazing!
    Would be great to see some on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou. We have worked hard over the years to design and perfect my fantasy collection. It has been a joy to create. If you look to the right of this page, under the heading 'my projects over the years' you'll find lots of my fantasy pieces. Unfortunately, I had to remove some posts due to unscrupulous copiers, but if your ever in Swansea, some of my projects are on show in the shop :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for popping by and for leaving us a welcomed comment :0)