Wednesday 21 August 2013

A New Project for me

 
 
 
I came across this little shop recently, whilst surfing Ebay due to boredom! Its a lovely little shop and I believe it is an old original Sid Cooke shop with no MDF in sight. It needed  a little clean and polish, but it has come up nicely and the naturally aged wooden door and window is a beautiful colour.
 
It is going to be second hand store. I just can't decide whether to do it in a wizardly style or 'Florence' style? I've named it 'The Broom Closet'
 
 
 
 
Inside, I managed to rescue most of the original wallpaper and I laid a new floor. As it is a second hand shop, it didn't matter that not all the walls had matching wallpaper or that the  furniture is a little mismatched!
 
I have used one of Hywel's cupboards and an old cupboard of mine from a previous project.
 

 
 
Then I played around with some much loved pieces of furniture which need a new home...
 
 
I love this little ship, it is one of the first miniatures I ever bought :)

 
 
After a bit of organising, I decided that I liked this layout better if I go with The 'Florence' style second hand shop. Plus if I stay with this style, I could ask Hywel to make me an upper floor with a sitting room and bedroom, which I could then fill with crochet and knitted cushions and throws :)
 
 
 
 
 
I may play around with wizardly furniture and accessories next and then decide which theme to settle on. In the meantime, I have made a little wizards desk...
 
 
 
Florence by Jain of The Giddy Kipper Dolls
 
Gentleman shop owner (yet to be named) by Adora Bella Minis
 
Julia xx
 
 

This is post copyright to the author. It may not be re posted, reprinted or distributed without express written permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for popping by and for leaving us a welcomed comment :0)