Saturday 8 January 2011

I finished the Bookmakers Cupboard :)



After oodles of hours of work, I have finally finished the 'Bookmakers Cupboard' !! :0)

Hubby designed, made, carved and notched the cupboard and I made the majority of the items on the shelves. I didn't make the earthenware pot or the glass!

I really enjoyed making this one, especially the little envelope bundles and the silver ink wells and pots :)

The books all have individual leafed pages, but they are glued in placed now, so I needn't of spent all that time making individual pages...doh!

I least liked making all those scrolls, there are sooo many!!!

















Anyway, it's all finished and available for sale on my other blog  OOAK Bearcabinminiatures if anyone is intersted in it :)

Hope you all have a great weekend... back monday with an update and pics on the Witches Cottage Commision.

Julia xxx



This is post copyright to the author. It may not be re posted, reprinted or distributed without express written permission of the author.

12 comments:

  1. Well done..it looks great!! Love all those quills (is that the right word for them?) in the inkpots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, the cupboard looks wonderful..All that Scroll making was well worth the effort..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Jules! You must be cross-eyed from making scrolls... I am always shocked at how many "little things" it takes to fill one shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha quedado fantastico.
    Me encantan todos los detalles que has puesto.
    Feliz fin de semana
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cupboard! Great great work!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is a fabulous cupboard, wow all those scrolls, you have infinate patience Julia! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Kate, I wouldn't call it patience.. the air gets blue and things get flung at times!!! I sit in front of the TV and make them, it's not so tedious then!

    I'm going to dress some of the shelves in my Wizards and Wands like this because I'm so pleased with how it all worked out :)

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautifully made items & all look perfect in the bookcase x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new cupboard Julia! Now for the desk LOL :0

    Victoria ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cupboard looks great - well worth all the time "scroll making".

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this cabinet, it's packed just the way it should be! :o))

    I think I posted another comment on the wrong blog or your other blog?! Sorry I've been so tardy and remiss with blog comments....been busy with mini's and real house stuff. :o)

    Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for popping by and for leaving us a welcomed comment :0)