This morning I have started to paint the outside walls of the Wizard store. I started by painting the brickwork section with a pale green emulsion mixed with a dark green oil based paint. I know emulsion and oil based paint don't mix, but when you apply it, the oil based paints spreads in patches and I find it gives a good moss mottle affect.
When that had dried, I painted parts of the wall grey, let that dry and then painted the whole of the walls with a mix of cream emulsion, sandstone coloured acrylic paint and a few drops of water to thin. I find using a fluffy artist's brush and swirling the paint on in circles, makes the finish better. The paint doesn't look so flat that way. I am now waiting for that to dry before swirling on a final 'dirty' colour coat of paint and finishing off the beam colour.
Inside, on the bottom floor, which will be the Wizards and Wands Bookstore part of the building, Hywel has chopped the stairs in half, so that they don't take up so much room and added a stair well. He has also been measuring out floorboards ready to be cut and laid upstairs in the library.
Thats all we have done on the bookstore this week, not much, but we have both been busy at work. After one day off yesterday, I go back into work tonight and work nights through untill sunday night, so I doubt I will be posting again untill monday! My days will be spent sleeping or growling at the kids for waking me up lol.
Have a great weekend everyone, Julia xxx
Nicer pics of yesterdays dresser and washstand. Now listed on http://www.bearcabinminiatures.etsy.com/