Thursday 13 December 2012

Autumn Project Update




My autumn project has flown along and is nearly finished... me on the other hand,.... well, I am seriously lacking in speed on updating my blog! Apologies all round!

So here are some photos of the nearly finished Magical Bookstore. I hope you'll like them :)

I used some of my old bookcases to line the back wall of the bookshop. A layer of wood stain, applied with a brush and then immediately buffed with kitchen roll, gave them the old look I was after.

I then got busy starting to make the books and old papers for the bookshelves.




Then, after a little shopping trip to one of my favourite Etsy sellers Elf World Creations, the inhabitants of the bookstore started to gather....




and this is how it all looks now...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Welcome to M.Y. Bookworm & Son
Magical Bookstore
By Bear Cabin Miniatures




Please... come with me... in through the magical door....




And meet Magius Yoland Bookworm ....




and Klaryss, Nixie and Sheena who are watching some bookshop mischief....




from Ralagast Bookworm, who is casting spells to make the books fly :)




in my fun, little Autumn Project, brought to life with the help of my friend Joy at Adora Bella Minis and her fabulous characters :)



I hope you enjoyed my little tour!!
I will be back next week with a little christmas cushion shop to help start of the festivities :0)

Julia :)


This is post copyright to the author. It may not be re posted, reprinted or distributed without express written permission of the author.

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely - you do those bookshelves very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books and bookstores, so this project is just the thing I would like :-) The old look you gave it is wonderful! And the flying books....they're great!!!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely, and I'll look for your work in the AIM mag, I love that publication! Hugs from Canada,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for popping by and for leaving us a welcomed comment :0)