Thursday 11 June 2009

Hi and welcome to our blog






We are a husband and wife team with a passion for making miniatures. This hobby started out in 2001 when we bought a simple doll's house kit for our youngest daughter for christmas. We enjoyed making the house so much that our hobby has evolved and grown into what we are today, miniature enthusiast's!




Hubby makes the houses, shops, cottages, etc. Sometimes from adapted kits and sometimes from scratch (really it's wood!) His favourite medium to finish the exteriors is brick compound, which he applies with a stencil and then ages and finishes off with varnish. It's brilliant stuff, it looks really authentic. It's available from Bromfield crafts. When he is happy with the house, it's my turn to be let loose on the inside. Every night, when I'm not in work, I can be found stitching tapestries and cushions or needle felting bears.


I have been following some other miniature crafters blogs of late and we have now decided to take the plunge and start our own. Hopefully, someone out there will drop in and say Hi.


So here we go... I will be adding weekly to my blog and letting you know what the current project is, hope you'll join me :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for popping by and for leaving us a welcomed comment :0)