Sunday 22 April 2012

New Cupboards from our Woodland Witches Range




I have been busily making some dressed cupboards for the Dolls House Fair in July and for my Etsy Store.




This shorter floor cupboard is one of my favourites and is filled to the brim with Green, bronze and cream coloured scrolls.




Hubby hand makes the cupboards from Sapele wood and then carves out the notches by hand!
It takes ages and makes quite a mess, but I think you will agree that the finished effect is great :0)



 

I then have the fun part of making all the bits and bobs to dress the shelves and I must admit, this type of miniature work is quickly becoming my favourite :0)





Julia xxx


This is post copyright to the author. It may not be re posted, reprinted or distributed without express written permission of the author.

13 comments:

  1. Great work - wonderful details!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the table was grown instead of made. It almost looks alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :0) I like that they look 'alive' :)

      Delete
  3. You must have the patience of a saint to create all those little extras. They look so good when put in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its supposed to be therapeutic Irene, though they take ages! I do enjoy sitting in front of the tv and making all the little bits and pieces to go in the cupboards though :0)

      Delete
  4. A fantstic cupboard!

    Many hugs PuNo / Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful cupboard! And all those scrolls.... Oh my!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. très beau travail à quatre mains !
    Minima

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hacía tiempo que no visitaba tu blog
    Me encanta tu trabajo, siempre original y bien realizado

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for popping by and for leaving us a welcomed comment :0)