Friday, 7 May 2010
Fab Givaway to raise money for Clean Drinking water
Jayne at http://tallulahbelleoriginals.blogspot.com/2010/05/giveaway-time.html is having a give away with a difference to celebrate her 200th follower. Jayne is asking that everyone who wants to enter her give away gives a donation through Paypal to a charity that supplies clean drinking water to children in delevoping countries.
On her blog, Jayne reminds us that;
Every day more than 4,000 children in developing countries die, simply because they don't have clean drinking water.
* Contaminated drinking water is a major problem. More than one billion people do not have access to safe water.
* Diarrhea caused by drinking contaminated water remains a leading cause of illness and death among infants and children in the developing world.
* About 1.8 million children die every year due to diarrheal diseases.
* More children die from diarrheal illnesses like cholera and dysentery than from HIV/AIDS or malaria combined.
* It is well documented that simply providing safe, clean, drinkable water can reduce deadly diarrhea and other devastating diseases by about 50%.
When you and I need a drink we can just flip on the tap and know that water is safe to drink.
Please visit Jayne's blog and follow her link to make a donation. The donation can be as big or small as you can spare and all the money raised goes direct to the charity. This is such a worthwhile cause, thankyou Jayne for giving us the link and enabling us to contribute.
at 10:38 am