Working 13 days in a row has left me with no time to make minis, but I did manage to have a little play around with the glass paints for some of the Olde Abbey's stained glass windows. For the top window, I used a picture of a real church window as my template and placed it under my acetate. I then drew around the outline with a black outliner glazing pen and filled in the design with my own colours, which I mixed up from red, yellow and blue glass paints. The large window is going to take some planning, as I want it to be really impressive, but for now, I have leant some 'leaded' glass against the middle section of the window.
For the side windows, I used the same outliner pen to draw the lines of 'lead' and then made up a slightly mustardy yellow colour to gently 'wash' over the windows. I was pleased with the way it turned out, as it looks as if the glass is really old.
I also did a bit of work on the roof and subjected it to some lichen and moss!!
Oh, and we have grass!!
Julia :0) xx